Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Prayer

So today I was looking through my notebook at work and I found this quote that I had written down a while ago and I thought it was a very poignant thought for this blog. It is a prayer in the midst of a church living with AIDS.

"Help me break down the walls of separation within our community. Help me build bridges of love and understanding. Help me sweep away the debris of isms, phobias, broken connections, and shattered hopes. Prepare my heart to prepare the way. Encourage me to think the first thought, to make the first sound, to speak the first word. Help me break the silence".

This is the prayer I am attempting to pray every night. This is the prayer that I when God hears it, will give me the strength and the means to do what I am called to do. This is a prayer of hopeful reflection and anxious patience. This the prayer that will allow me to break the silence and be the change. This is my prayer for Africa.

Until next time...